PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
Your Privacy is Important
We, BAD Premium Workwear Pty Ltd, ABN 79 936 032 189 and its subsidiaries, of 23 Salvatore Dr, Campbellfield, Victoria, 3061, Australia, collect your personal information so we can perform our business functions and activities.
BAD Premium Workwear Pty Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy explains:
how we collect, use and disclose information about our customers, suppliers (and their employees) and people who apply for employment with us;
how we comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); and
how to contact us if you have any questions about the management of your personal information or would like to access the personal information we hold about you.
We may amend this policy at any time by posting the updated version on our website.
BAD Premium Workwear Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this website via hyperlinks, banner advertising or otherwise.
What information do we collect?
BAD Premium Workwear Pty Ltd only collects information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Generally, the information we collect about customers includes your name, mailing and/or physical address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, and e-mail addresses. We also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender and purchasing preferences, interests and favourites. When you visit our websites, we may also collect information about your computer, including your IP address.
We may also collect additional information about customers, including purchase history, location and preferences, either directly, or through third party analytics tools, or our business partners.
We also collect information about:
suppliers and their employees (including business name and address and contact details); and
potential employees (including names, addresses, contact details, employment and academic histories and the names of their referees).
Without the above details, BAD Premium Workwear Pty Ltd would not be able to carry on its business and provide products and services to its customers.
Wherever possible, we give you the option of interacting anonymously with us, if practicable and lawful to do so, but in this situation we may not be able to provide you with the full range of products and services available.
How we collect and hold information
BAD Premium Workwear Pty Ltd collects personal information only by lawful and fair means. Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you purchase products or services from us, provide your details to us at an industry or student event, or enter into competitions or other arrangements with us, provide feedback/complaints to us or register your details with us or one of our business partners. Depending on the product or service we provide to you, we may collect your personal information from third parties. Information about suppliers’ employees is usually collected from the supplier. Information about potential employees is usually collected during the recruitment process.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We take all reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information is stored securely in access controlled electronic or physical locations.
Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
Why we collect and hold and how we use information
We collect, hold and use your information to:
- sell, lease, deliver, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- source products for sale, transport products and ensure our suppliers are compliant with our ethical sourcing policy;
- open trading accounts, and process payments and credit checks;
- better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences, conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our product and service offering and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you;
- to communicate with you, including providing you with safety data sheets where relevant; responding to your feedback, queries and complaints; and notifying you of safety alerts and product recalls;
- enable our third party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, carry out product investigations, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services;
- undertake and administer trade shows, surveys, promotions, competitions, events, marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities;
- manage our branches, supply arrangements and inventory and administer our websites;
- protect against fraud and theft;
- complete other transactions with you;
- recruit and assess future employees; and
- maintain and update our records.
How we disclose your information
We may disclose your personal information to the following:
- other partners/franchises/companies in the BAD Premium Workwear Pty Ltd.
- our advisers (including our accountants, auditors and lawyers);
- operators of our franchisee network;
- our service providers, including IT service providers, web-hosting organisations, delivery companies, online advertising service providers, external call centres and e-marketing providers, mail houses, recruitment firms, third party fulfilment centres, market researchers, billing and debt recovery providers and other companies who are responsible for parts of our product or service delivery;
- suppliers and manufacturers;
- payment system operators and financial institutions;
- government agencies; and
- third parties if required by law or legal process.
- We may occasionally disclose your personal information to organisations located overseas, for example where:
- we use service providers (including providers of cloud computing solutions or data storage and processing services) based overseas;
- we, or our related bodies corporate have offices overseas;
- you have requested a product or service that involves an international element;
- we must do so to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- an international payment has been made.
- We require overseas recipients of your information to use personal information only for the purpose provided and to implement reasonable data protection. It is not practical for us to list all of the countries where the overseas recipients are located. Generally, such overseas recipients are likely to be located in the United Kingdom, United States of America, Middle East (including United Arab Emirates), Europe and the Asia Pacific region (including but not limited to China, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Indonesia and New Zealand).
- In special circumstances – for example, if we were to sell or transfer our business or part of our business to a third party or a related body corporate – your information may be transferred to potential purchasers and their advisers or to the related body corporate as part of that sale or transfer. From time to time, we may provide aggregated and de-identified information to other business partners for various purposes.
We otherwise do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so.
We may have arrangements in place with other companies and third parties (such as Google using its Google Analytics tool) which provide us with data to help us analyse and understand how our website users interact with our website content. We may also collect information about you from data collected by other companies and third parties (such as Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube) and analyse the data together with information we already hold about you to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. Such companies and third parties may place cookies on your web browser to help us deliver interest-based content and advertisements to you. As a result, when you visit our website as well as a third party website (such as Facebook), you may see our advertisements, targeted at your preferences and interests, on such third party website.
Generally, we use the following types of cookies:
- website functionality cookies - these cookies allow you to navigate our website and use our features, such as accessing your shopping cart, orders and invoices, and saved items.
- website analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use our website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on our website, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you.
- The information we typically collect using cookies when you visit our website include the following:
- your computer's IP address;
- browser type;
- any webpage you were visiting which diverted you to our website;
- the pages within our website you visit; and
- the time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
- If you log into your account on our website, we may collect additional information such as your account name, account number, branch location, delivery context, shopping cart ID, number of items in the cart, value of items, and support number in order to provide you with personalised access to our website functionalities and for us to provide you with our products and services.
- You can choose to decline cookies by making changes to your browser settings, but if you do so, your user experience may be affected and you may not be able to take advantage of the full functionalities of our website. To disable cookies on your browser, please follow this guide by Avast (note- takes you to another website).
Accessing and correcting your information and questions
You can request access to your information or that your information be corrected by contacting us at the address below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
BAD Premium Workwear Pty Ltd
23 Salvatore Dr
Campbellfield, Victoria, 3061
Email (to complain or access or correct information, or to unsubscribe or opt-out):
Phone: (03) 9333 3553
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992